At True North, we believe that church is not an event you go to, but a team you are part of! And everyone has a unique part to play. Joining a team is one of the best ways to both get connected to new people and to be a part of making a difference now and for eternity.
There are many different ways that you can get involved. No role is more important than any other, and when we all play our part we can see amazing things happen! Here are some of the ways you can get involved by serving on a team.
We believe that joining a serving team is a great way to take the next step in your faith journey as you connect with others on your team and use your unique gifts to serve others
We want to passionately pursue the presence of God and believe that music has a unique way of bringing us closer to God. We also believe that media and technology can help create an environment where people can understand the Gospel in powerful and unique ways.
- Worship Team: Use your musical ability to lead the church in worship at a Sunday service.
- AV and Media Team: Help create an atmosphere where people can experience the presence of God. Operate cameras, lights, screens, and sound to support the Gospel being presented from the front. No experience required.
Be part of shaping the next generation by engaging kids with the Gospel. We work through creative teaching, worship, and small group times to help kids develop a faith that can guide them through life!
- Connect Group Leader: Connect with and lead a small group of kids
- Teaching Team: Creatively teach and lead in the large group setting
- Worship Team: Use your musical ability to lead kids in worship
- Welcome Team: Greet families and assist them to connect in at Compass Kids
We believe gathering on Sundays creates a unique opportunity for people to connect with God. Our hospitality teams help prepare the way for people to encounter Jesus and find a place to belong!
Be the first to welcome guests as soon as they arrive, answer any questions people might have, help them find their way around, and create space for people to gather and connect after a service.
- Welcome Team: Welcome guests as they arrive
- Service Team: Help people find seats in the auditorium and serve them during the service
- Café Team: Create space for people to connect over hot drinks after the service
- Volunteer Lounge: Serve volunteers during and between services by creating a space for them to relax and refresh
We believe in inspiring youth to pursue life with a greater purpose by building a foundation of faith in Christ. We want to empower them make positive choices and connections with people at a pivotal time of life.
- Friday Night Team Leader: Serve on a team to carry out the Friday night youth program
- Connect Group Leader: Intentionally connect and journey with a small group of young people over time
- Worship Team: Use your musical ability to lead young people in worship on a Friday night
- Safety Team: Be present on a Friday night ensuring that all young people are kept safe while they are in our care